Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Transition

Well, the following picture pretty much sums up the week at the Pan American Championships. I took bronze in the Sprints, 500, and Keirin. I did also secure a silver in the Scratch. Great week!
Interesting.... remember how I mentioned that I rode the 200 in the wrong gear? I wondered for days what kind of time I could have had with the correct gear. (not that 11.4 is bad) Well, this answers some of the questions. http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/panamerican-championships-cc-1/stages/stage-4/results I rode a 11.1 to win the third sprint against the Canadian. I rode it from the front and won so the times were taken off my front wheel. 11.1 Sweet!

From Mexico City, I flew straight to NYC and met Greg for a wedding. Below is a picture (the only one with us and the bride) from the river cruise after the reception. Beautiful view of the city and a beautiful bride in the background.

We spent Sunday with my best friends from college. Here is a shot of Greg and I in Highline Park in the meatpacking district. Cool new park.

My dear friend DeNelle and her husband Samer also in the park. Lovers.


That night we met up with our other bestest friend, Tricia. Tricia is an amazing mom of 4! Her youngest is weeks old. Needless to say, we were totally excited that Tricia got a babysitter and met us in the city!

Back to reality this week. The time in NYC was a great transition and celebration. Hitting the weight room for the first time in a month and can barely walk.

No comments: