Friday, October 7, 2011

Happy Birthday to me... ha!

Does this sound like a fun way to spend your birthday?
- Early morning at the track for benchmark testing. Track time 9am-1:30pm.
- Lunch, 2 hrs. downtime, rollers/core, dinner (made my Lauren!)
- Rained ALL day in LA. Really? Does that happen?
- Death of one of the greatest brains and pioneers ever to live. RIP Steve Jobs.

Sound depressing? Well, not to be a downer, but it wasn't a celebratory day by any means. For that, I subtract a year instead of adding one.

But, it ended with this...


That brought a smile to my face.

Last night I stayed up late to order "my" birthday present... two new iPhones for Greg and I. They went on sale at midnight California time and the website was crashed for about 45 minutes. Amazing! One of the few companies in the world that can put something for sale in the middle of the night and have people in every time zone setting their alarms... only to wait patiently for the website to work for 45 minutes... happily pay hundreds of dollars... and go back to sleep peacefully.

Today is a 4 hour ride north of Santa Monica. If nobody is watching, I may stop and go shopping in Santa Monica on the way home. More birthday presents for me :)


P.S. Besides not being with Greg... I wouldn't want life any other way right now. I feel lucky every day!

No comments: