Monday, August 13, 2012

Ready?

What has five bikes and twelve wheels?  A trip with Greg to the new Giordana Velodrome in Rock Hill, SC for US Track Omnium Nationals!

But first- NoBo Crit!  I revised my travel plans to make sure I didn't miss the classic North Boulder Criterium.  One of my favorites of the seasons and definitely the most professional run race in Colorado.  As always, the women's field showed up in numbers and in talent.  Several of the top US teams were represented- Exergy (of course!), TIBCO, NOW/Novartis, Kenda, Vanderkitten, etc.  With a slightly disappointing finish, I ended in 2nd to Alison Powers of NOW/Novartis after she put in the major solo attack with 1.5 laps to go.  After a quick dip in the creek to cool down the legs, it was time to head home and continue packing.  

The professional pictures of the race can be found HERE.  Thanks Dejan for all the great photos!

P.S.- thanks to all my friends and neighbors who showed up to cheers!  That was so cool!

So, back to track racing: The revised schedule puts Omnium Nationals a few weeks before Track Nationals in LA...more racing equals more fun and a test of the legs.  Unlike many cyclists, I have the chance to race my bike year round with the International calendar of track racing.  It is tough to not get much of a break...but I just really love to race.  The Omnium is six races in two days.  A nice way to start my long track season that will include Elite Nationals, World Cups, Six Days in the Netherlands, and the World Championships.

Well, walking out the door for my first flight of track season with my Felt TK1 Endurance, Zipp 808s and Super Nine disc, Speedplay Track specific Zeros, Catlike helmets, Oakleys...and lots of Pearl Izumi kits...what more could a girl want!  Getting my sprint back and looking forward to using it!

If any of my friends/family are around, we will be racing Friday/Saturday of this week at the www.giordanavelodrome.com (Rock Hill, SC just south of Charlottte, NC) and then Sunday at Grant Park (Atlanta, GA).  Come say hi!


Cheers!
Cari

No comments: