Thursday, April 9, 2009

Home... alas

It's so good to be home.  Don't get me wrong, I am thankful I have the ability to take off for 2.5 weeks and train/race the bike.
I got plenty accomplished- saw mom and grandma in Tucson, visited with aunt/uncle/cousins in Tucson, great training in California on the track, good times with new teammate Kate, some decent racing under the belt, saw the beach, and got a quick visit with lots of other teammates and manager for a race and photoshoot in Santa Cruz.
I was BEAT by the last weekend.  So beat that I raced terribly.  But, that is what a training block should be like.  If I had fresh legs for the last 2 days of a 2 week training block, something would be wrong!
But, the epic adventure came on the trip home.  Car issues stranded me in Reno, NV.  To make a long story short, I couldn't open my gas tank door.  So, 3 nights in cheap motels (not cheap hotels people, that would be an upgrade) and 2.5 days in the car, I made it home.

The Rocky Mountains in the spring time.  Ahhhh.
This photo is from a friend of mine, Nick Wilder.  Please don't sue Nick :)  I know I didn't ask permission to use this photo; I just love it.

Back to reality though- spending time with Greg and Elke, catching up with friends over dinner, tax preparation (sorry to my accountant), gardening (well, that's in the plan), cleaning out closets, finally having a gym partner back, fun fixie riding with stud AP (it's the only way I can keep up with her), and opening 2.5 weeks of mail.

Hey Boulder... I missed you!

No comments: