Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 2 Report


This was my "relaxed" day with 2 races. The day after the Omnium and I am not sure how the legs will feel.

I had the 500m and the Team Pursuit with Shelley and Christen. The rest of the PROMAN girls also had the Scratch race.

Shelley took a solo lap on the field to earn GOLD in the Scratch race. She successfully defended her 2008 title. Nice.
Coryn is our 17 year-old rockstar who killed it in the Scratch. This was her first Elite Nationals and will be competing in a World Cup this year.
Our Team Pursuit. We ended up with SILVER. For our first time ever doing this race together (we never even practiced it:) ), I was impressed with how well we did. We lost to a team made up of Sarah Hammer, Dotsie Bausch, and Kim Geist... a multiple World Champion, a Pan American Champion/National Champion, and a Junior World Medalist/National Champion.
I ended up with SILVER in the 500m. I was super happy for Cristin Walker, the new Champion! She has put a lot of hard work into her sprint training this year!


No comments: