Thursday, March 11, 2010

Change-o-scenery

Yesterday I traveled down to Tucson to hang out with my mom and grandmother... ok, also to ride my bike a lot.
I never realized as a kid how fortunate I was to have family in Tucson. Growing up we traveled out here several times a year from Atlanta to visit my grandmother, uncle, aunt, and cousins. Of course then, I never rode a bike. It wasn't until a couple years ago when I started racing/riding that I realized a free place to stay in Tucson was a HUGE bonus for a cyclist.
Well, here I am.
I start the 2 week training block with a 3-day stage race. I do love racing. I will see how much I love racing this weekend after only 2 weeks back on the bike :)
Tomorrow starts off with a TT... let's hear it for racing a TT with clip-ons. Oh, wait, I still need to see if they fit my bike.
Saturday is a RR and Sunday is circuit race.
I did this race a couple years ago and the field was smaller and there weren't many people from out of town. I just checked the start list this morning and, uh-oh, things have changed! There is some talent living and training in Tucson this winter.
It will be good tough racing!

1 comment:

Lurker said...

Kick some Tucson A**! Megan