Saturday, June 25, 2011

Can't....Stop...Now

Been racing. Lot's of racing.

Right now I am in Wisconsin doing the Tour of America's Dairyland. 11 days in a row of racing. Ouch!

Needless to say I don't have much time and even less brain power.

Here's an idea of the daily schedule:
7:00 wake-up and bribe the body/mind to function with coffee (Alterra coffee in WI rocks!)
9:00 ride for about 1-1.5 hours.
10:30-12:30 only free time of the day for internet, stretching, core, cooking, shopping, napping, cleaning bike, etc.
12:30- usually when we leave to drive to the next race, find town, register, warm-up, etc
3:30-4:30 race. some races have been longer but for the most part these have been 1 hr races
4:30-6:00 cool down, podium, eat, pack car AGAIN
7:30- usually when we get home and cook/eat again... and start planning the next day's schedule.
9:00 in bed, although, i haven't been able to sleep until about 11.

So, for those of you who think this is vacation and we have a bunch of free time. Wrong. We have about 2 hours free time each day. That is like a normal work day for some of you 9-5 people. Same thing.... can't find the time or energy to do much else.

A dear friend of mine (who went to great lengths to coordinate all my host housing this week) asked me one day if I would like to join her for her lunch-break yoga class. Over text, she couldn't hear me laughing but I got a great belly laugh and roll of the eyes out of this one. I know she just thought I was sitting around being bored all morning waiting to race in the afternoon.

Ok... off to pack the car for the 10th race in this series. Pictures and race results to follow- whenever I get enough brain power and time.

C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SICK!!! Megan

Unknown said...

Sounds very busy. Great blog. I can't wait to read it on a regular basis.